Sunday, May 18, 2014

N.Y.C.

This past week my awesome Dad let Sarah and I tag along on a work trip. Mark worked all day while Sarah and I got to explore the beautiful city of New York! Since this was a work trip my dad had to get a bit of an early start every morning. Every morning we were up at about 6:15 and out the door by 7:00. We only had three days in the city so I guess it was a good thing that no time was wasted sleeping in. We spent the majority of the time shopping and tour busing. One of my very favorite parts was walking the Brooklyn bridge. That bridge is just awesome. Along the bridge there are people selling drawings. It's fun to look at all the art work and then look over the bridge to see the busy city. New York is one of the most lively places I have ever been to. There are people from all over the world, all going in different directions. I love how diverse it is.

The first day was our dedicated shopping day. Manhatten is full of shopping. Most of the time I stuck to window shopping. It was fun to go into the stores that are above and beyond my budget just to look. We took the phrase "shop 'til you drop" to a whole new level. After walking up and down the cities street all day we were exhausted by 6:00!





The second day was a little bit of a struggle. Our lack of planning ended up costing us a lot of time and sending us in a few circles. I was disappointed when we didn't have time to go to the 9/11 memorial. We explored a bit of the tour bus and finally went to time square. The environment of time square is pretty crazy. That night we got to go see Wicked! Okay. I've seen Wicked before but there is nothing like Broadway! I LOVED IT!





We started off the third and final day of the trip with Grand Central Station. WOW. That is one impressive building. Next we headed to the bus stop to go on a bike ride through Central Park (number seven on my current bucket list). Due to rain and wind, Sarah and I hid under ponchos on the double decker bus instead. My ride through Central Park didn't happen but it sure was funny watching us two soaking girls try to keep somewhat warm and dry. Our day ended with another cute cafĂ© and one last subway ride to meet up with Dad. Both Sarah and I slept the entire plane ride home. New York really did a good job in tiring us out.

This trip was amazing. My only regret of the trip was seriously sucking at taking pictures. I'm still in shock that we didn't get lost at least once. I loved spending this trip with one of my very best friends. We are always both so busy so running off to New York with my big sister was a huge blessing. Thank you, Sarah! Spending this week with you was the greatest! I love you to pieces.

I have a month and one week until I am off to serve the people of Tuscon, Arizona. I'm just so excited to figure out why the Lord is sending me on the errand. It wasn't me decision to go on a mission. To be honest, I'm terrified. Sometimes I think about how it would be so much easier to just stay home and finish my schooling. That's not the Lords plan for me though. I'm supposed to go to Tuscon. There is something there waiting for me to poke my head in.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment