Friday, April 13, 2012

Life as a Babysitter

Life as a babysitter never really gets old! I love it! This week I got to babysit Sawyer (three years old) and Baby Graham (almost a year and a half). These boys are constantly cracking me up but Sawyer really out did himself this week!
Before I tell my story I have to add some back round information. Sawyer's parents LOVE to be in the scoop of my dating life! I can't see Nathan without him asking me who took me out the weekend before and who's next. Yeah he thinks I go out every night. NOT EVEN CLOSE!
So I'm sitting there on the living room floor watching Graham try to keep his eyes open and reading books to Sawyer. Suddenly Sawyer stops me and looks at me in a very serious manner. He then asks me, "Been on any dates lately?" I look at him and decide to just go along with it, I respond by saying, "No, but I hung out with a cute boy a couple of days ago." Without even pausing he asked what we did. I said, "We just watched a movie." Sawyer looked at me in shock and said, " YOU DIDN'T GO SWIMMING! If I take you on a date can we go swimming?"...What is a babysitter supposed to say to that!?! Of course I was way too entertained to stop the conversation so I told him about how I don't know how to swim. Sawyer gave me that huge smile and said, "Me neither! But you're big so you have to swim." Haven't heard that one before! I roll my eyes and said, "Sawyer you're big too!" I think this offended Sawyer because after that we spent a good 5 minutes debating who should be able to swim. This post just doesn't do that conversation justice! It was definitely on my top 10 best conversations with a three year old list!
I really love this boy! The whole time I was wishing I could get out my camera and record the conversation but I knew that would get Sawyer off topic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment