Monday, October 31, 2011

My trip to California!

             I am an extremely spoiled babysitter! This past week my little sister and I got to go to Disneyland and Sea world FOR A BABYSITTING JOB! It was so much fun! We pretty much got to hang out at Disneyland just us too from 11:00 am until about 5;30 pm! Not only did this mean we got to go on all the "big kid rides" but we also got a ton of sister bonding time! I love my sister so much and I'm so glad I got some alone time with her for a whole week and a half!
           The babysitting side of the trip was really fun but sometimes frustrating! I officially know how tired a mom can get! At the very beginning of the trip Mary and I were teasing the Hansens about going to bed at 8:00 but two days later we were the first ones in bed! The two kids are 18 months and 3 years old so they definitely kept us on our toes all day long! Parenting isn't for whimps! But I loved spending time with a little boy that would constantly say things that would make me laugh and a baby girl that is a total mama's girl but is an extremely good cuddler when mama isn't around! Words cannot describe how much I love these kids!
                 I have suddenly started quoting Bentley (the three year old) here are the major quotes:
1. Hey you happy? - this was said anytime he knew I was getting a little bit frustrated or tired.
2. So tell me about your day! - He said this anytime there was a moment of silence
3. I was a wittle scawed...just a wittle bit! - some of the rides at Disneyland were a little too intense for this little man
4. Then of course every car ride was filled with "If You're Happy and You Know It."
5. He let me tell you a secret! (then he would whisper something about throwing you into dog poop or something about me being his best friend)
            On top of gaining some awesome quotes I have learned two other things this past week. The first on is- If you have a three year old be ready to stop for a potty break at every moment! I helped Bentley pee in a bottle 4 times in one trip...it's a good thing he's a boy or that could have been a lot harder. Second is hot sauce is the best threat in the world! When Bentley wasn't listening I would simply ask him if he wants hot sauce and he would instantly turn into an angel! AMAZING!

            Me and Mary are really really excited about a lot of these pictures! Here are a couple of the best ones from are awesome trip!

This is mine and Mary's favorite disney character! Look at him he is just so lovable!

Me and Bentley were jesse and woody! He was so excited to trick or treat in disneyland! We got 23 pounds in 2 hours!



Another favorite!



Ferris wheel......not exactly very intense...

You gotta try this one!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment