Saturday, March 29, 2014

An ahhh haaa moment.

I am a firm believer that my most brilliant of thoughts come to me when I'm in the shower. Weird right? Yeah. Maybe I should start showering more often. Well today I was half way through washing my hair when a thought popped right into my mind. But first some background knowledge.....

Over the past couple of months I have been dating a great guy who seems like he has it all. He's really happy, successful, popular, smart, talented, and religious. He is Christian but not LDS. Over the span of our relationship religion has often been brought up. I always found myself getting frustrated when I can't deny that the teachings of his church are legit. Not being able to deny what Tim was arguing made me question my church. He believes in so many things that I believe to be true? So what's up with the Mormons?

In the shower today I was thinking about how so many people are able to so easily bash on the Mormon church. We are different. I got that. Why do other religions seem to be truthful? Wait a second. That's because it is real. I believe in the Mormon church. I believe that it is the one and only COMPLETE church on the earth today. Tim's religion is true. They believe in the bible, in charity, in loving God, in prayer, in the atonement, in the resurrection, in an afterlife. They understand so many truths that I have no problem agreeing with. They just don't have EVERYTHING that God has put on this earth for us. They are only seeing one part of the big picture.

This brought me back to two years ago when I went on a sisters trip to Disneyland. I specifically remember one moment of that trip. We were all standing in line for "Soring over California" when a preacher came up to us and said she was prompted to talk to us. When she found out we were Mormons she started telling us all about God and reading the bible to us. My oldest sister Heather tried explaining to her that we believe everything that she was saying. She didn't listen. I somehow got the courage to stop her mid-sentence and bare my testimony. I remember looking at the shock on my sisters faces. Right there in the middle of California adventures I couldn't stop myself from baring my testimony. It probably meant nothing to that lady but it has stuck with me.

People don't understand Mormons. They don't understand that we have the complete gospel. My testimony was shaken because Tim's religion is sooo real. It has sooo many truths. It just doesn't have all the truths. Dare to be a Mormon! Dare to stand up for what you know to be true. I don't know why I'm sharing this but it sure does feel good to spill.

No comments:

Post a Comment