Thursday, March 6, 2014

Safe Haven

The temple has been running though my mind a lot lately. This temple in particular. Ladies and Gentlemen, you are looking at the Gila Valley, Arizona Temple (It really is Hila Valley if you pronounce it like it's spelled your roommates will laugh at you). This is the one and only temple in my mission! I've been called to serve in the Tucson, Arizona Mission! Reporting for duty on June 25th. I'll be honest. Preparing for a mission has proven to be harder than expected.

Everyone was right. As soon as your turn in your papers you grow a huge dart on your back for everything to get crazy. I don't all of a sudden have cravings for coffee or beer but my mind does play tricks on itself. I am constantly in a panic doubt about it I made the right decision to go and serve the Lord for 18 months. I feel like I haven't stopped being tested and tried since I sent in my papers. That's were the temple comes in.....
  This has been my safe haven. My go to. My break room. It kills me how easily the temple can make everything feel so simple and insignificant. When I'm in the temple I finally feel peace from everything that's happening. Being in the temple is somehow silences all the worldly worries. All of drama of being a freshman in college is simplified until I walk out those doors and back into the real world. Those short breaks from reality is exactly what keeps me going.

Next there is this temple...
This temple is my next step. You are looking at The Jordan River Temple. Every Tuesday morning of my senior year in high school was spent doing baptisms with my little sister here. Now I'm planning on taking out my endowments here as soon as summer begins. I've been so blessed to be surrounded by temples my whole life. I cannot wait to take this next big leap. The thought of taking out my endowments at 18 years of age is crazy to me. I don't feel old enough! How did everything fly by so fast?
 
I have a testimony of this gospel. The more that I learn about Tucson, Arizona the more right it feels. I know this church is true. I know my Heavenly Father lives and loves me. I know the temples should and always will be the ultimate goal. I'm not settling for anything less. My brother is getting married in the Salt Lake City temple this weekend and I couldn't be happier for both he and his fiancĂ©. The temple is the happiest place on earth. It is my safe haven. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment