Monday, October 22, 2012

Self-control.

Here's the deal. On Friday October 19, 2012 at 8:00 ish I realized something. I waste at least twenty minutes of my day on Facebook. EVERYDAY! That means at least 140 minutes a week which means 560 minutes (about 9 hours) a month, AT THE LEAST. Holy crap. Then I thought about something else. Lately Facebook only shows me things that I don't want to see; like a party that I wasn't invited to or a cute moment that some of my old best friends had that I wish so badly I could have been a part of. Facebook really isn't doing anything good for me. Then why do I keep looking at it?!?!

In my attempt to save time and feelings, I have committed to one month without facebook. Yes, shocking I know. It's crazy how it's just habit to get on the computer to write an essay and automatically start typing in www.facebook.com. Why do I do that?!?! Well, for the next month I will use all the self control I have to ignore the emails that tell me someone wants to be my friend on Facebook, the funny stories that people tell me about something that someone posted, and the begging to put a certain picture up. NOPE, I WILL BE STRONG! Goodbye Facebook. Hopefully when I get back I will be less eager to run to you and you will actually have something good to show me......If I accomplish this..wait...WHEN I accomplish this maybe I will use this newly found self-control to keep my room clean or to avoid the pumpkin pie in the fridge. :)

2 comments:

  1. facebook? no i promised my bloggers i wouldn't! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing I made a written promise or I think this would have crashed by now!...

      Delete